Kilden - Information and news about gender research in Norway
Kilden is an information centre for gender research in Norway.
Kilden has the national responsibility for promotion and information about Norwegian gender research nationally and abroad.
Kilden has the national responsibility to promote the documentation of resources and activities within gender research in Norway.
Kilden’s target groups are gender researchers, the academic communities in general, journalists, politicians, public administrators, students and the public in general.
Kilden’s main areas of work
- Online information services: http://kjonnsforskning.no/en
- Independent newsmagazine with news about research on gender, mainly from Norway.
- Portal to centres, networks, studies and new publications related to Norwegian gender research, as well as scientific journals with a gender profile.
- Calendar with upcoming events, job advertisements, funding possibilities and call for papers.
- The periodical Tidsskrift for kjønnsforskning (Journal of Gender Research). Established in 1977 under the name Kvinneforskning (Women’s Research). Interdisciplinary refereed journal, with four issues a year.
- Kilden’s news letter in Norwegian (published biweekly) and in English (published every six weeks).
- Answering questions from the different target groups.
- A variety of projects funded by external partners.