GenPORT offers an arena for organisations and individuals to showcase and access the world’s best research resources, practical materials, policy briefings, experiences, and much more. Constantly evolving online information and services will be shaped by the activities and contributions of community members.
- Sharing resources on a global internet platform makes them prominent and visible to a huge user base.
- Allowing users to shape the portal and its contents allows users to tailor these resources to their own needs, and to make them more easily accessible and searchable.
- The creation of the online community offers a fast track to experience sharing, and supports continuing policy and practical learning in pursuit of good practices in gender equality.
Why do we need a portal for the gender and science community?
What GenPORT offers
- A global space to showcase a huge range of work on gender and science, to maximise its reach and influence.
- A single point from which to browse, search and access the highest quality resources on gender and science issues, organised thematically, linguistically, or geographically, and linked to related items.
- Support for users to seek advice and advance their understanding of the gender issues in science
- A role in shaping the design of the portal and its contents according to particular information needs and search practices.
- Additional services to support user activities on gender and science – news and announcements, events calendars, translations and reviews, discussion groups, and much more.
The project is receiving financial support from the European Commission from May 2013 to April 2017, through the European Union's 7th Framework Programme (FP7) on Science in Society.