Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World OWSD
OWSD is the first international forum to unite eminent women scientists from the developing and developed worlds with the objective of strengthening their role in the development process and promoting their representation in scientific and technological leadership.
The Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) is an independent, non-profit and non-governmental body based at the offices of TWAS, the academy of sciences for the developing world, in Trieste, Italy.
- Increase the participation of women in developing countries in scientific and technological research, teaching and leadership;
- Promote the recognition of the scientific and technological achievements of women scientists and technologists in developing countries;
- Promote collaboration and communication among women scientists and technologists in developing countries and with the international scientific community as a whole;
- Increase access of women in developing countries to the socio-economic benefits of science and technology;
- Promote participation of women scientists and technologists in the development of their country; and
- Increase understanding of the role of science and technology in supporting women's development activities.